Fall is all about embracing changes! We see the changes in leaves, fashion, the days get shorter and many more, but life in general is about learning to like change. It keeps us on our toes and gets us moving forward. Here at Sylca, we LOVE change especially when we are talking about fall fashion trends! I don’t know how many times we have told you already, but it is our favorite season. The clothes are comfy and super cute. Plus BOOTS are the BEST!!!!
Start with you basics!
1) Boots- this year the mayor shoe trend is short ankle booties with cropped jeans. Make sure to get them in your basic colors. For us our favorites are black, and camel, but really it all depends on what colors you wear most.
2) Basic over-sized tees- These will be easy staples to your everyday outfit. Get them in all your basic colors black, browns, blues, greys, greens and tans for fall. This will be the key to your layering look for this fall.
3) Sweaters – Baggy and comfy is the trick here! We like to pair them with the basic tees underneath when they are open in the front. Go wild with the sweater! You can make it fun autumn colors like rust or crazy prints, but make sure to keep your first layer simple. Add some accessories like a statement necklace or statement scarf for an added sass to this look.
4) Scarves – you can never have too many of these. Add a chunky infinity scarf to keep warm. You can pair it with a long pendant necklace for a layered look. If you decided to go on the more basic side with your outfit this is the time to add some spice to it with a printed scarf and pair it with statement earrings for a fun look.
5) Jackets- If it is a bit chilly and you will be outside a lot wear your favorite leather jacket over a basic tee with a statement necklace and/or a chunky scarf. If you are wearing a baggy and chunky sweater go for a shorter trench coat as they are super in right now.
But always remember fashion is what you feel best in and what makes you the most comfortable and confident. Just because something is in style does not mean it will be the correct fit for you! When getting dressed make sure to follow your heart and wear what you feel good in while still trying new things and stepping outside your comfort zone.
Sylvia and Camila