Fall is all about embracing changes! We see the changes in leaves, fashion, the days get shorter and many more, but life in general is about learning to like change. It keeps us on our toes and gets us moving forward. Here at Sylca, we LOVE change especially when we are talking about fall fashion trends! I don’t know how many times we have told you already, but it is our favorite season. The clothes are comfy and super cute. Plus BOOTS are the BEST!!!!
Start with you basics!
1) Boots- this year the mayor shoe trend is short ankle booties with cropped jeans. Make sure to get them in your basic colors. For us our favorites are black, and camel, but really it all depends on what colors you wear most.
2) Basic over-sized tees- These will be easy staples to your everyday outfit. Get them in all your basic colors black, browns, blues, greys, greens and tans for fall. This will be the key to your layering look for this fall.
3) Sweaters – Baggy and comfy is the trick here! We like to pair them with the basic tees underneath when they are open in the front. Go wild with the sweater! You can make it fun autumn colors like rust or crazy prints, but make sure to keep your first layer simple. Add some accessories like a statement necklace or statement scarf for an added sass to this look.
4) Scarves – you can never have too many of these. Add a chunky infinity scarf to keep warm. You can pair it with a long pendant necklace for a layered look. If you decided to go on the more basic side with your outfit this is the time to add some spice to it with a printed scarf and pair it with statement earrings for a fun look.
5) Jackets- If it is a bit chilly and you will be outside a lot wear your favorite leather jacket over a basic tee with a statement necklace and/or a chunky scarf. If you are wearing a baggy and chunky sweater go for a shorter trench coat as they are super in right now.
But always remember fashion is what you feel best in and what makes you the most comfortable and confident. Just because something is in style does not mean it will be the correct fit for you! When getting dressed make sure to follow your heart and wear what you feel good in while still trying new things and stepping outside your comfort zone.
Sylvia and Camila
If you’ve been in or near a store that sells any amount of jewelry, whether it be a small boutique or a large retailer, chances are you’ve seen statement jewelry. From loud, funky earrings to colorful, oversized rings, this trend is not going anywhere. Celebrities and bloggers love to accentuate their outfits with jewelry. You may have found yourself wondering… can I pull off the statement jewelry look??
If your jewelry collection has consisted of “safe,” understated jewelry like small diamond or pearl stud earrings, one or two rings, and a small charm on a delicate necklace, it’s time for you to add something new to your look. The good news is that you – yes, you – can pull off statement jewelry! You don’t need to go crazy updating your accessories; one piece of jewelry can make clothes you’ve been wearing for years “pop” in brand new ways. When it comes to statement jewelry, remember that when it comes to your clothing, less is more: skip the patterns and let one piece of statement jewelry be the star of the show. Also, stick to one piece of statement jewelry at a time: too much can be overpowering and appear showy.
Some of our most popular items over the past few years have been statement necklaces. The great news is that nearly all necklines are suited for statement necklaces, so long as you consider proportions and patterns. We offer many lengths, colors, sizes, and textures, so you can easily create an outfit that will stand out in a crowd. So you ask what necklaces pair best with each neckline?
Over the next week we will be talking about different necklines and which jewelry looks best with them sooo keep tune to learn more!
Sylvia & Camila
Have you ever looked into your closet and wondered… What necklines do my shorter necklaces look best with?
For example our Grey and Gold Wooden Link Necklace goes well with t-shirts, crewnecks, and collars. Solid-colored shirts with these necklines serve as a subdued backdrop for a bright statement necklace. You can also pair shorter necklaces with shirts that leave your collarbone or shoulders bare for a dramatic look. Scoop necks, sweetheart necks, and strapless shirts go really nicely with chunkier necklaces featuring oversized pendants, like this Blue and Silver Crescent Necklace.
Sylvia & Camila
Today we are talking about mid-length and long statement necklace. How to best wear these beauties.
Mid-length necklaces are extremely versatile and best complement V-necks, square necks, halter tops, and off-the-shoulder shirts. Necklaces featuring slight or dramatic angles are great for V-necks and square-necked shirts. Try this White and Grey Statement Necklace with a teal shirt for a fun look or a white top of a minimalist look!
Long statement necklaces pair well with turtlenecks and other high-necked shirts as well as boat necks. This Cream Handcrafted Link Necklace is a neutral but textured piece that would look great with any color turtleneck or high-necked shirt. Finally, a boat neck’s elongated neckline is nicely offset with the circular beads – such as the ones featured in this Handmade Multi-Strand Orange Necklace.
So go right ahead and take an inventory of your wardrobe and determine which necklines make up the majority of your most-worn shirts. Using the suggestions in the past couple blog posts, invest in a statement necklace best suited for your current wardrobe and see how many new looks you can create. Remember statement jewelry doesn’t need to be intimidating!
Sylvia and Camila
It is such a thrill for us to be working with yet another amazing mother-daughter team! The ladies from Pat’s at Chautauqua are just fabulous.
The store started in 1988 by Patricia, a stay at home mom of 5. She began by making everything in store by hand and gradually started offering unique lines of clothing, jewelry, accessories, shoes, and art work. Her daughter Katherine now works with her, and just like us, they have a blast doing what they love.
Pat’s always has unique designs so if you are lucky enough to be visiting Chautauqua, NY stop by and say hi to them!
Sylvia & Camila